What is EQ you ask?
It is Emotional Intelligence. Simply stated: Being intelligent about emotions, yours and others. 80-90% of leadership effectiveness is based on EQ not IQ. There are 4 components:
- Self Awareness
- Social Awarenes
- Self Management
- Relationship Management.
It all starts with Self Awareness, without that, you can’t develop fully in the other areas.
Do You Want Any Of These Things?
- A fabulous career that integrates perfectly with your life
- A great relationship
- A happy, healthy family
- Friends that make you laugh and enjoy being alive
- Wonderful health
- Passionate hobbies that inspire you
- Fulfillment of your potential
As an executive coach I can tell you that the most important ingredient that catapults my clients into the successful achievement of what they want in their lives is self-awareness.
Answer these 10 questions and you’re on your way:
- What makes you happy?
- How do you define success?
- What kicks success up to fulfillment for you?
- What values and beliefs shape your decision-making and actions?
- What do you feel passionate about?
- What are your natural talents and strengths and how do you use them?
- Which emotions are caused by what situations for you?
- What are your hot buttons and how do you prevent them from being pushed, or recover when they are?
- What people and situations bring out the best in you and which bring out the worst?
- What do you want to make sure and do before you die?